Having logistics consulting services is a strategic decision in the company that fulfills the function of making it differ competitively by speaking. Thanks to this consultancy, the company acquires knowledge, experiences, and skills to make better decisions and efficiently reach the goals in the supply chain.
In this sense, a logistics consulting company helps its clients understand and improve their supply chain and logistics operations: purchasing, processing, and conditioning of products, storage, and delivery. Its function is to analyze the information to identify and solve logistics problems, advise on issues of productivity, management, and transportation of materials through planning, distribution network design, technology, and specialized software and re-engineering processes.
The consultancy is a relationship of a company and an expert in logistics to achieve organizational objectives and develop professional skills through the incorporation of new knowledge, perspectives, values, skills, and know-how, which can be achieved:
- Reduction in logistics costs with higher levels of customer service.
- Understanding of current management techniques and methodologies.
- Search for applicable technological solutions throughout the supply chain.
- Increase in productivity and customer loyalty.
- Increase in coverage or presence of points of sale and distribution.
- Conversion of the supply chain into a competitive benefit.
- Facing logistics challenges with greater security.
- Better negotiations with suppliers and customers.
- Reduction of invested capital and the flow of funds in activities that do not add value.
- Learning about how to act in the face of crises or risks that could arise in some process.
- Development of skills and abilities (leadership, flexibility, collaboration, and self-management).
Stages in a logistics consultancy
The consultancy helps the managers of the logistics area to break paradigms, face situations and factors that had not been considered. It complements the methods, procedures, and methodologies used and are excellent support in the processes of cultural change.
It occurs in four stages:
- Diagnostic stage: Analysis to identify the expectations and problems of the company. Through process analysis, competitive advantages in terms of costs, speed, quality, and maintenance are known, built, and strengthened. Likewise, through the analysis of distribution and layouts, the integration of operational and functional areas and facilities from a logistic point is improved.
- The role of logistics consulting: Determination of logistics goals and objectives, as well as the competencies, strengths, and weaknesses of employees.
- Intervention stage: Solutions and action plans are sought and proposed inside and outside the company, depending on the logistic goals and strategic objectives.
- Follow-up stage: It consists of the constant evaluation and supervision of performance.
Through this relationship, the consultant becomes a strategic partner that improves the performance of employees by expanding their possibilities and action capabilities, which increases effectiveness and profitability. The best companies offer its clients consulting services in supply chain management by implementing best operational practices, performing analyzes with specialized tools in network optimization, storage and transport, and accompanying companies to improve their efficiency, productivity, and skills development.